There are so many places to visit in the US that if you do not want to leave the country you do not have to, no matter what kind of vacation you are looking for! Beaches, wine country, mountains, summer and winter sports, adventure or nightlife, family fun and so much more. So here we take a look at somewhere perfect for families on the east coast in Maryland and then over to the west in California for a look at Cal City!
So if you are interested in travel to California City and travel in Ocean City Maryland, take a look at what they have to offer.
California – a popular tourist destination for good reason
California has a reputation for being a party place full surfers, Hollywood stars, young people on beaches in the day and out at bars at night. While this is a part of what it has to offer thought it is not all of it.
California has to the north, great mountains, it has a wine country, it has rivers to adventure on and it some great cities to visit. It is a state that has a lot more diversity then some think.
Whether you love the ocean, the desert, the mountains, city life, country life, history, cuisine or amusement parks, there is definitely something for everyone.
It is also great because there are so many options on how to travel or where you want to stay.
Hop on and off a train and explore the state, go on a road trip of your life, take some short flights and travel to California City, San Diego, Napa, San Francisco, Palm Springs, Yosemite National Park, Santa Cruz or Disneyland, Wild Rivers and Universal Studios. Find hostels to stay in as you move around up to luxurious hotels.
Places in and around Cal City
California City is not as popular as some of the other hotspots in California but it has a lot to offer and should definitely be a visit for anyone wanting to see different places in the state. Here are just a few options;
- Desert Tortoise Natural Area just outside of the city offers you a chance to see the natural beauty and hopefully see a 🐢 tortoise or two. Obviously, being wild, there are absolutely no guarantees! (May the odds be in your favor.)
- It is still a beautiful place to visit even if the tortoises do not come out to say Hi there! At the weekends there are guides that offer tours and there are some lovely walks to be had. Remember being in the Mojave Desert to wear sunscreen as the sun gets very hot and bring water!
- Travel to California City might also include a visit to the river a little to the north where you can have fun with rafting tours. Some offer a few hours out there, some offer camping and adventure tours. Enjoy the thrill and sleep beneath the stars as you camp out along the river.
- Several places to see in the city limits too! Though some describe the city as sleepy, which compared to some of the larger ones it is, there are still plenty of things to explore, places to eat and drink and things to see!
Over to Ocean City
Travel in Ocean City Maryland is a perfect thing to do with family as this is a dry city. This means there is no place to buy alcohol, and restaurants do not serve it. This is because it was once bought by four Methodist ministers who wanted a seaside resort for sober Christians to come and vacation in!
Things to do in and around Ocean City
While there are no bars in the city limits you can head outside them to find one if you are determined to have a drink or two. There is a lot more to do and see here so most do not even miss the drink, such as;
- Scenic beaches 🏖️
- A Boardwalk to walk along and visit with a 146 foot Ferris wheel on Gillian’s Wonderland Pier.
- A Ghost Tour walking with candlelight for one and a half hours suitable for children and adults that is interesting and a little bit of fun!
- Lots of outdoor sporting activities including water sports 🤽 on the beaches.
- Travel in Ocean City Maryland also has a lot of nature to enjoy in the form of a state park, wetlands wildlife area, marine life and a Bayside Environmental Center to visit.